Bufo Toads and Your Dog
Dogs are natural predators, therefore it is all too common for them to catch a toad in their mouth and that is where all the problems start. When the bufo toad feels threatened, it releases a toxin from glands on it's outer body. This toxin is generally absorbed through the mucous membrane in the mouth. The toxin released from the toad is dangerous and can be fatal if not treated. Bufo toads are most common in the warm and rainy seasons.
Symptoms of a bufo toxicity include:
-Red imflamed gums
If you believe your dog has come in contact with a bufo toad, you should rinse his or her mouth with water and immediately take him or her to a veterinarian for emergency care.